Hello everyone, where has the time gone ? I was hoping to do an update monthly, but apparently that didn’t happen
Things have been crazy busy here with the Stickman Drum Experience camp coming up from June 27 – July 1 , 2013. Also the Regina Drum Festival taking place on September 28 and 29, 2013 as well.
These events are going to be the biggest yet in 2013 as the lineups will be huge !! The Stickman Drum Experience is on the verge of selling out, but you can still register at WWW.STICKMANDRUMEXPERIENCE.COM This is the biggest drum event in Canada from Ontario to BC and is gaining serious momentum with the public and drum industry world wide.
The Regina Drum Festival is going into our 3 rd year and will be more diverse than ever before with Jazz, Latin, Funk, Rock, World and so much more. We have confirm the one and only Richie “Gajate” Garcia ( Sting, Phil Collins). More artists will be announced very soon and you can get your early bird weekend passes for only $40 at http://www.ticketedge.ca/index.php?page=EventDetail&id=2027 They will go up to $55 after May 31.
Also teaching has been very busy at Music In The House. We were very honored to be awarded the “Excellence in Arts Management” award at the 2013 Regina Mayors Arts and Business awards. Also our Stickman street team performed at the event with Regina’s Mayor Micheal Fougere joining us.
Gigs have also been busy with Aaron Pritchett, Chris Henderson, Jess Moskaluke, JJ Voss, Government Town and many more. Also, everyone of of these artists have current singles doing great at Canadian Radio.
Things have also been busy in the studio with Chris Henderson, Government Town, Rachel Unruh, Tyler Gilbert and a bunch more. So lucky to be able to record music with great people !!
Summer has me travelling coast to coast playing many shows, doing some teaching and starting up our summer band program with my wife Laura Roddick. Also our 9 month old son Cooper is keeping us VERY busy as well :)
Well, better get back to more planning and marketing these drum events.
Take care and hopefully the next posting wont take as long,
Hello everyone out there, hope you are all keeping warm and looking forward to the holidays.
I just wanted to put up a quick post to wrap up an incredible year for myself and my family. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by amazingly supportive and encouraging people and never take this for granted. 2013 looks to be another great year for music !! Here are a few highlights from 2012 :
- My wife released her first solo recording LA Roddick “SOAR”
- We ( George and Julie Dimas, Laura Roddick and myself) hosted the first annual Stickman Drum Experience Camp and it was a huge hit !! This event will be amazing for Saskatchewan and all of Western Canada.
- The second annual Regina Drum Festival took place and the line up was out of this world. 2013 promises to keep pushing forward.
- Our son Cooper J was born on August 14, 2012.
- Great gigs around the country with Aaron Pritchett, One More Girl and many others.
- Music In The House celebrated our 10th year and keeps pushing ahead offering world class education and inspiration to students.
- My son Tyson started his next phase of education at the University of Regina.
- My daughter Jayla continues to get great grades in Grade 10.
These are just a few things that I was very excited about in 2012.
Hope you all take time to reflect on the year, family and friends and enjoy
Stay tuned in Early 2013 for many announcements on the year to come.